Frequently Asked Questions
Not finding the answer in the FAQ? Contact us!
Ottie offers the option to repurpose Ottie boxes within the same company from former users to new ones, provided that the previous owner returns the Ottie box at the end of their subscription.To facilitate this, simply select the “Reuse Ottie box” option when inviting new employees. This will take you to a list of new invitations, where you can specify who will reuse an existing Ottie box and who will receive a new one.It’s important to note that employees who are allocated a reused Ottie box will not have the ability to specify a delivery address. Instead, they will be prompted to contact their company to arrange the collection of a reused Ottie box from the available stock.
You need to power on your Ottie box and then press the reset button for 15 seconds. After that, you will be able to redo the onboarding process with the Ottie app.
How can I configure my Ottie box if my phone cannot connect to the Wi-Fi ottie,-**** (or Ottie-Protected)?
If the phone cannot automatically connect, the Ottie app displays a ‘Open Settings’ button that directs you to the Wi-Fi settings. You should then manually connect to the Wi-Fi ottie,-** (or Ottie-Protected). Once connected, the Ottie app will be able to continue the configuration process.
- Open the terminal.
- Type ‘nmcli d wifi connect Ottie-protected’ (without the quotes) to connect to the Ottie-protected network.
- Type ‘nmcli c’ to list the available connections.
- Find the Ottie-protected network on the list and note its connection ID.
- Type ‘nmcli c modify [connection ID] connection.autoconnect-priority -999’ (without the quotes), replacing [connection ID] with the ID you noted in the previous step.
- Type ‘nmcli c up [connection ID]’to apply the changes and activate the Ottie-protected network.
When a new employee is invited with their email address, they will receive a link to a web page to enter their mailing address to which the device will be shipped.
The top Ethernet port labeled 1GE LAN is used to connect your device via Ethernet to the Ottie box. The bottom Ethernet port labeled 1GE LAN/WAN is used to connect your home router/modem to the Ottie box. The DCIN port is used for the power cord delivered with your Ottie box.
- The RESET button is used to reset the Ottie box to the factory settings by pressing it for 15 seconds. After that, you will be able to redo the onboarding process with the Ottie app.
- The ON/OFF button is used to power on or off the Ottie box. The power is on when the button is pushed.
- The front button is not currently used, but might be in a future firmware upgrade.
The Ottie box takes approximately 2 minutes to boot after being powered. The Ottie box is fully operational when the top LED at the front is steady and green.
The Ottie box has to be connected to your home network. I could be directly to the main router, but also through another switch or router in your home network.
We recommend placing the Ottie box not too far from a window to have good cellular coverage. The cellular coverage quality can be observed on the dashboard of the Ottie application. If you have connected the Ottie box to your router using Wi-Fi, we also recommend to place it in the range of your Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi coverage quality can also be observed on the dashboard of the Ottie application.
Ottie ensures that you have a secure password and evaluates the security level as you type.You have reached the desired complexity in your password only when the field becomes green.In order to increase the complexity, add characters to your password, preferably special characters and not forming common words.The hints under the password field can help you in the creation of your secure password.
The Otties subscriptions are invoiced monthly on the first day of the month, and the Ottie boxes are invoiced within 24h of the shipping address being filled by the employee on the web page.